Creative Business of the Year
Last night Mark & I attended the Northamptonshire Business Excellence Awards. And we won. WE WON!
We won Creative Business of the Year.
Following two hours of grilling by various big-wigs from various organisations it was announced that Coulson Macleod was a finalist in three awards categories. THREE! We were the only company to achieve this.
- Business of the Year (Under 50 Employees)
- Creative Business of the Year
- International Trader of the Year
There are 25,000 businesses in Northamptonshire. And we find ourselves finalists in three cateogories. Simply mind-boggling.
And as usual we were small fry sitting amongst some giants. Such as…
- Unless you’re local to Northamptonshire or particularly into trucking you won’t know Knights of Old. But they are a massive national transport & distribution company. Their depot site is 10 acres. We have two computers in a home office.
- Haddonstone. You may have heard of this one. The blurb on their website says, “Haddonstone, the leading manufacturer of cast stone building materials & cast stone garden ornaments, has group companies in the UK & USA. Our American offices & warehouses are located in New Jersey & Colorado, complementing our East Haddon office & Brixworth manufactory in Northamptonshire.” We have two computers in a home office.
- CSfD. They write computer software for ‘complex logistics & distribution solutions’. One of their clients is the MoD. We saw a video of their offices. More stately home than offices. We have two computers in a home office.
Oh, & to top it off there was a great comedian. Patrick Monahan. He was very funny. Which you expect from a comedian. But he actually entertained us all the way through the awards bit. Which, to be frank, is a bit dull when you’re not in that category. Although there weren’t too many categories we had to sit through that didn’t feature Coulson Macleod.
Right. Better get on with being creative then.